In order to provide the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, swimmers are required to show all 6 tasks consistently. A buoyancy aid can be used. Faces do not have to be submerged.
- Make a supervised safe entry with adult support if required
- Float on back with adult support behind the head without aids
- Blow bubbles at the water surface
- Wet the head without submersion
- Kick five metres on back with adult support (it is recommended that an appropriate buoyancy aid is used)
- Travel without assistance five metres to a floating object (it is recommended that an appropriate buoyancy aid is used)
- Exit the water safely with minimal adult support