In order to provide the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, swimmers are required to show all 6 tasks consistently. A buoyancy aid can be used. Children can be submerged with assistance.
- Make a sitting entry with adult support if required
- Using a buoyancy aid, rotate through 180 degrees without assistance
- Submerge the face with confidence under adult supervision and without force
- Blow an object for a distance of two metres
- Travel three metres using arms and/or legs without assistance (it is recommended that an appropriate buoyancy aid is used)
- Move five metres along the rail or wall without assistance
- Exit the water safely with minimal adult support