Developing quality stroke technique up to 100 metres, incorporating skills learnt and combining them to develop a linked routine and complete successfully an obstacle course that combines a variety of skills accomplished throughout stages 1 – 7.
By the end of this stage, participants will be able to:
- Swim 25 metres Backstroke
- Swim 25 metres Front Crawl
- Swim 25 metres Breaststroke
- Swim 25 metres Butterfly
Perform a movement sequence of 1 minute duration, in a group of 3 or more, incorporating a number of the following skills:
- Sculling: head first, feet first; rotation – forward, backwards somersault, log roll;
- Floating: star on the front/on the back, tuck float, create own;
- Eggbeater: moving, lifting one or both arms out of the water link skills with strokes and sculls.
- Perform a sitting dive
- Swim 50 metres continuously using one stroke
- Swim 100 metres, using a minimum of 3 different strokes
- Tread water using egg beater action for 30 seconds
- Complete an obstacle course (using minimum of 4 objects) with feet off the bottom throughout
*Refer to Swim England expected stroke standards sheet